The University of Culture (Mandalay) was constructed by the Myanmar Factory and Construction Enterprise commencing from 8th February, 1993. It was built on the 41.35-acre land, western side of Shwe- Sayan Pagoda Road near Ohn-chaw Village in Pathamgyi Township, Mandalay Division.
Research and Training Division
The Research and Training Division compiles research papers on music, drama, painting a d sculpture; as well as publishes books; offer and conduct training courses at e State School of Fine Arts and the State School of Music and Drama in Yangon and Mandalay. There has been substantial number of students, who have studied courses offered in Yangon and in Mandalay's Fine Arts, Music and Drama School. In 2000-2001 academic year, the following number of students attended in the corresponding state schools:
||The State School of Music and Drama (Yangon) 57 persons.
||The State School of Fine Arts (Yangon) 93 persons
||The State School of Music and Drama (Mandalay) 66 persons
||The State School of Fine Arts (Mandalay) 70 persons
When the Archaeology Department was first established in 1902, it was initially named Myanmar Inscription Department. Its main task was to preserve and conduct research on the moveable cultural artifacts and the non moveable historic cultural heritage monuments, which had been existing before 1885. In its early establishment, the Myanmar Inscription Department was based in Mandalay headed by Mr. Taw Sein Kho, the senior inscription officer. He was taking a leading role to do research work on stone inscriptions and archaeology. The first Archaeological Museum was opened in Bagan, in 1904. That Inscription Department was reorganized as the Archaeology Department on the 1st November, 1954. This Department exhibited both the prehistoric and the historic ancient cultural monuments and artifacts, as well as preserving them while collecting facts and data through research about their ancient heritage and later published the corresponding research papers.
In accordance with the 1972 new administrative system, the department was reorganized once again in line with the objectives and the policy of the Archaeology Department, having a work force of 1,205 staff. The office is located at No.32, 6'/2 mile, Pyay Road, Yangon.
To be able to protect the ancient places and hinder any damaged and lost of the said cultural heritages, "The Protection and Preservation of Cultural Heritage Regions Law" was enacted by the State Peace and Development Council Law No.9 98 on 10-9-98. Moreover, the Bagan cultural heritage site has been transformed into Cultural Heritage Park and later be part of the World Cultural Heritage List.